Friday, August 31, 2007

5th meeting journal entry

Write an essay about the most challenging thing you've ever done.

Some people curse God for the problems they had. Little did they know that these problems are acctually not problems, they are challenges given to them by God. If it is not a challenge, it could be a problem caused by their irresponsibility. These problems are self-inflicted. When we encounter hardships in life, we should know that God is teaching us a lesson. We should know that HE will never leave us no matter what happens and HE will not allow any challenges to come to us if we cannot handle it. We should not hate HIM for that, the least we could do is to thank HIM.

I remember when I was in highschool, when we had our Junior-Senior Promenade. After our promenade I, my classmates, and my friends went to our reserved room in a hotel to stay for the night. But what I didn't know is they will have a drinking session. My classmates told me to join, but I turned down the invitation.

This is one kind of peer pressure. I thank HIM for guiding me. This is by far the most challenging thing I've ever done, to turn down my classmates invitation. It's hard for me because, my classmates know that I'm not one of the party spoilers, that I'm not what they call "KJ". After the night, my classmates teased me for rejecting them last night. I know that this will come and I thank HIM for giving me patience.

No comments: